If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I am a bit obsessed with men's fashion. Men's style has always intrigued me and I am often more excited when I see a well dressed man than a well dressed woman. Therefore, my love of menswear led me to become a contributing writer for the amazing men's fashion blog that is menswearstyle.co.uk. The blog is dedicated to hot topics, new brands and style advice for men all over the world and is the perfect read for all men (and women) interested in fashion. I love being able to write about girly things like beauty products and outfits on here and then write about my love of men's style on there. I just wanted to share with you a few articles I have written for the blog and show you my other passion. I hope you enjoy reading them!
Finishing university is the weirdest feeling in the world. You hand in the work that you have put blood, sweat and tears into for the last year and suddenly you're free and you don't really know what to do with yourself. Going cold turkey from the library is a strange feeling but I must say, I'm not missing it one bit! At the moment I am just enjoying the freedom and catching up on all the fun I have missed out on over the last few months and my last few weeks living with my best friends. Then it's time to move home and find a job to kick start my career, scary stuff! Although I can't wait for the next chapter of my life to begin...(cheesy or what!?) Anyway, enough of that deep stuff, here is an outfit I wore last night to my friends photography exhibition private view. The event was absolutely amazing with some serious talent and if you're a Nottingham local I would highly recommend popping along to some of the exhibitions all over the city. All the information you need is here.
On to the outfit. I am literally in love with these trousers! My boyfriend bought them for me for my birthday as he knows I am a huge trouser person, so these were perfect for me! I am still loving the monochrome look at the moment with a pop of colour which adds a bit of interest! Also, you can't see it very clearly in these photos but I am wearing my new Mac lipstick in Morange, which I have been coveting for ages and finally got some for my birthday, new favourite lipstick!! What do you guys think?
Yesterday I went down to London to work at the F&F press event, showcasing the new collection for Autumn/Winter. The event was a fashion show and drinks reception held at Somerset House in the courtyard tent (the same they use for London Fashion Week!) I wasn't quite prepared for how huge the event was going to be and the preparation that went into the day. After preparing the VIP goody bags and having a sneak peak of the guest list, the guests started arriving and it was show time. I was working on the press desk so had to greet the guests and give them their invitations, which was the perfect location for celeb spotting and checking out all the outfits!
The show itself was incredible. Forget all pre-conceptions about F&F, it is no longer 'clothing at Tesco' it is its own brand in its own fashion right! The clothes were gorgeous and styled so amazingly on the models. If you didn't know what brand it was you would think these were high-end pieces, not something you can pick up for £20 in Tesco! The highlight of the show was of course, the gorgeous new face of the brand, Jon Kortajarena, who was absolutely delicious in real life.
After the show, the drinks receptions continued with lots of champagne, canapes and schmoozing going on. Overall, the event was a huge success and all the guests seemed amazed by what F&F had done with the brand. I can't wait for the new collection to hit the shelves in a few months and will definitely be making a few too many purchases.
I'm back! Apologies for my massive absence recently. As I mentioned in my last post, I have been going through the final few weeks of hell in the run up to my final deadline at university. My deadline is on Friday which means I will then be finished forever! Scary times! But as I am feeling much more on top of things now I thought I would take a break and write a long overdue blog post about some of my new favourite beauty items. These are all items that I was lucky enough to receive in the Nottingham bloggers meet up last month, and I have been using religiously ever since.
1) Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream My absolute favourite new product which I am very upset is nearly finished is the Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream.This product is an absolute dream and I have been using it everyday since I received it. It is the perfect colour for me and gives the perfect amount of coverage. It evens skin tone, covers blemishes whilst also being light and moisturising. It leaves my skin looking radiant and glowing, the perfect combination. Plus it has SPF 30, so is great for everyday wear. I also love the fact it has green tea in it, which will all know does wonders for the skin. At £18 for 25ml its verging towards a high end product but I will definitely be treating myself and purchasing this again when it runs out! Available here
2) Antipodes Divine Face Oil My second favourite product is the Antipodes Divine Face Oil which I won at the #NottsBBMeet! I have heard so many amazing things about this product so was beyond excited to win and give it a go. I seem to have quite a wide collection of face oils now and I think this is definitely one of my favourites. The organic avocado oil and rosehip give the oil the most amazing calming smell that instantly relaxes you. It is perfect for tired and stressed skin, which is definitely me at the moment, so is great for revitalising a dull complexion. It is also great for sun damage, scars and wrinkles. Therefore, I think this will be an essential product of mine for now and the future. Also, because you only use 2-3 drops a time, it will last forever! Available here for £18.99/30ml
3) Q Awe The Fine Fragrance Body Spray My favourite bargain product right now has to be the Q Awe The Fine Fragrance Body Spray. This body spray is an absolute bargain at £2.29 for 100ml. I was using this for ages thinking it was an expensive item then couldn't believe it when I found out how cheap it was. The scent is the most amazing thing, so refreshing and light and perfect for the upcoming summer. I use this everyday now and it instantly wakes me up and makes me smell fresh even if I'm not feeling fresh! I'm not a big fan of body sprays and only ever wear perfume but this has definitely converted me to a lighter scent for summer. Available here
4) Neal and Wolf Hold and Sine Spray I have found a new favourite hair care brand. After using their shampoo and conditioner and this Hold and Shine Spray, I now want to own everything from their range. The shine spray is a perfect cross between hairspray and shine serum, giving the benefits of both in one. It smells delicious and leaves my hair feeling glossy and shiny whilst giving day-long hold. This is definitely a new staple in my hair care routine! Available here for £11.95/250ml
5) Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask Finally, I couldn't mention my favourites without talking about this wonder product. The Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask works wonders for renewing tired and dull skin. I used the mask on clean skin after cleansing then left it on for 10 minutes. I then washed it off with a muslin cloth and warm water. My skin felt absolutely amazing afterwards and I felt more radiant and glowing. You do get a tingly feeling when it's on your face which worried me slightly at first thinking I was getting an allergic reaction but then I read this was supposed to happen. It's just the mask working its magic to reveal fresher, exfoliated skin. At £30 for 50ml, its not cheap, but used once a week is the perfect pick-me-up for tired skin! Available here
So there you have it, some of my new favourite products that I have discovered recently. I still haven't had the chance to try everything in my #NottsBBMeet goody bag so I'm sure there will be plenty of new discoveries coming soon. Have you tried any of these products? What do you think?
Another outfit post for you today, which may be my last post for a while. I am currently going through the very stressful period of my life which is the dreaded final year dissertation. My hand in is in about 3 weeks and then I will be finished university for good. Which means that in the next 3 weeks I will be cutting out every aspect of my life apart from report writing. Therefore, blogging will have to be put on hold! :( Anyway, here is a little outfit to leave you with, a rather sophisticated one today, perfect for an interview, which I will hopefully have lots of in the next few months! This casual dress is from H&M for a bargain £7.99, perfect to dress up or down!
Who else is feeling the strains of final year work?